Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm No evenings, no weekends, no major holidays
The Medical Assistant is responsible for a panel of patients and, in collaboration with other members of an integrated primary care team, helps patients meet their preventive, chronic and acute physical & psycho-social needs. The MA's main responsibilities are to establish a trusting relationship with patients, helping them understand and actively participate in their care plan while working alongside medical providers and an integrated care team of nurses, social workers, and behavior health workers in a collaborative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set a visit agenda with member, document key aspects of patient history, initiate medication reconciliation, and enter standard provider orders.
- Working closely with provider to document and ensure patients understand their plan of care.
- Perform appropriate social, behavioral, and medical age and condition-based screenings (e.g., EKG, spirometry, and eye exam) to close quality measure gaps following standardized protocols and assessments.
- Provide patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of diseases, home treatments, and special diets.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for a panel of patients, leading the care coordination of medical, behavioral, and psycho-social needs.
- Schedule appointments, respond to messages, and share or transfer information with the patient’s internal and external care team.
- Identify and refer to specialty programs when instability or crisis occurs including, but not limited to abuse/neglect, interpersonal violence, significant and complex housing & transportation barriers and food insecurity.
- Implement transitional care protocols as part of warm hand offs between Absolute Care resources and specialty programs.
Education & Experiences:
- High School diploma
- Certified Medical Assistant
- CPR training & Certification
- 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy experience- preferred
- Experience with eClinicalWorks preferred
Why Work at AbsoluteCare?
At AbsoluteCare, we serve the most vulnerable individuals in America. These are our neighbors, people who are at higher risk for disease or who have multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Often, they deal with an unequal healthcare system and wind up seeking basic care from emergency rooms. We take these patients out of those spaces and turn them into members: people who are entitled to some of the best, most focused care this country has to offer.
We call this “care beyond medicine.” We have turned the doctor’s office into a comprehensive care center. Here, we surround our members with a core care team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and medical assistants who have the time and skills to get to know our members’ needs. We make the most important services available to our members under one roof. This includes a pharmacy, X-rays, a blood lab, nutrition services, urgent care, and much more.
We don’t stop at our four walls. We engage members in the communities where we all live to find the people who need us most. Through these community care teams, we remove the barriers to healthcare that so many people face daily. And it works.
Our unique care is guided by our core values of accountability, caring, trust, and teamwork. We call it ACT2.
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.