Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
This role is responsible for the clinical and administrative management of the Team Nurses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as subject matter expert in Team Nurse responsibilities, including PCP panel management activities, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) standards, and applicable policy & procedure.
- Manage Team Nurse hiring, onboarding, staffing, and performance.
- Ensure ongoing competence of the Team Nurses through direct supervision and evaluation of the role.
- Coordinate with the Clinical Nurse Manager to provide routine education to staff on evidence-based practice including, but not limited to, disease management, preventive care, care coordination, medication safety, and infection control.
- Proactively engage with the entire integrated care team and assist with resolving barriers to care and clinical nursing services.
- Maintain excellent communication between integrated care teams and center leadership.
- Take part in innovative problem solving to improve the quality of primary care services and to meet member needs.
- Provide coverage support for fellow care team members as needed, including filling in as Team Nurse.
- Active, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice. Compact RN license preferred, or willingness to obtain.
- 2+ years supervisory experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience providing clinical services to Adult and Geriatric individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and behavioral health conditions.
- Active CPR certification.
- Experience working for a community-based organization preferred.
- Proficiency in clinical nursing skills such as wound assessment and care, venipuncture and phlebotomy, and assessment and management of common chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, CHF, and COPD.
- Experience with training and mentoring.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organization skills.
- Independent self-starter and critical thinker interested in population health, healthcare utilization management, and the ongoing development of our care model.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses general office equipment. Often wear a special uniform, such as a lab coat or surgical scrubs, protective or safety attire, such as gloves and masks. Exposed to the diseases and infections of patients daily. May share workspace with other technicians and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and exchange accurate information constantly.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Constantly operates computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine, phone, and other general office equipment.
- Job may be physically demanding at times.
- Repetitious Movements.
- Ability to occasionally move objects up to 20 lbs.
Why Work at AbsoluteCare?
At AbsoluteCare, we serve the most vulnerable individuals in America. These are our neighbors, people who are at higher risk for disease or who have multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Often, they deal with an unequal healthcare system and wind up seeking basic care from emergency rooms. We take these patients out of those spaces and turn them into members: people who are entitled to some of the best, most focused care this country has to offer.
We call this “care beyond medicine.” We have turned the doctor’s office into a comprehensive care center. Here, we surround our members with a core care team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and medical assistants who have the time and skills to get to know our members’ needs. We make the most important services available to our members under one roof. This includes a pharmacy, X-rays, a blood lab, nutrition services, urgent care, and much more.
We don’t stop at our four walls. We engage members in the communities where we all live to find the people who need us most. Through these community care teams, we remove the barriers to healthcare that so many people face daily. And it works.
Our unique care is guided by our core values of accountability, caring, trust, and teamwork. We call it ACT2.
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.