Transportation Representative (Patient Shuttle driver)
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm No evenings, no weekends, no major holidays
The Transportation Representative will:
- Transports AbsoluteCare medical patients to and from many different medical venues including appointments from AbsoluteCare office, home, hospital, and emergency room.
- Provide a 5-star customer service and act as an AbsoluteCare ambassador.
- Operate a 7+ passenger van, tire changing equipment, First Aide Kit, wheelchair lift and dollies/hand trucks.
- Maintain accurate and complete logs of all travel activity and passenger issues.
- Conduct vehicle emergency repairs; able to change tires and handle minor on-road maintenance.
- The Transportation Representative will coordinate and log all appropriate vehicle maintenance in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalency
- 2 years full time experience providing vehicle transportation to passengers with medical needs or disability needs.
- Active driver's license and insurance, commercial driver's license with passenger endorsement preferred
- Must meet physical qualifications for DOT physical with or without approved waivers.
Why Work at AbsoluteCare?
At AbsoluteCare, we serve the most vulnerable individuals in America. These are our neighbors, people who are at higher risk for disease or who have multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Often, they deal with an unequal healthcare system and wind up seeking basic care from emergency rooms. We take these patients out of those spaces and turn them into members: people who are entitled to some of the best, most focused care this country has to offer.
We call this “care beyond medicine.” We have turned the doctor’s office into a comprehensive care center. Here, we surround our members with a core care team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and medical assistants who have the time and skills to get to know our members’ needs. We make the most important services available to our members under one roof. This includes a pharmacy, X-rays, a blood lab, nutrition services, urgent care, and much more.
We don’t stop at our four walls. We engage members in the communities where we all live to find the people who need us most. Through these community care teams, we remove the barriers to healthcare that so many people face daily. And it works.
Our unique care is guided by our core values of accountability, caring, trust, and teamwork. We call it ACT2.
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.