Community Health Worker- New Member Enrollment
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
The CHW- NME will locate, engage, and educate members referred to AbsoluteCare by their health plan to have the member switch their PCP to AbsoluteCare or to have them enroll in other services with AbsoluteCare. Establish trust and build meaningful relationships with members. Promote AbsoluteCare medical center as the “Go-To” resource for our members instead of using the emergency room or other fragmented higher cost medical resources. This role assists with improving access to health care services, increasing health and screening, enhancing communication between community members and health providers, and reducing the need for emergency and specialty services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute creative outreach strategies that will:
- Be in the community as the “feet on the street” to locate and engage members from a targeted list, who might be hard to locate or build rapport with.
- Attract potential members to enroll at AbsoluteCare as their PCP or in ancillary services such as Care Management or Behavioral Health services.
- Effectively explain the benefits of enrolling at AbsoluteCare.
- Outreach to families and/or caregivers.
- Locate, engage, and educate member on AbsoluteCare’s services.
- Perform telephonic outreach to targeted list which includes “cold calling” to assigned members in attempt to have member choose AbsoluteCare as their new PCP.
- Explain AbsoluteCare’s model of care and the benefits to the member if choosing AbsoluteCare as primary care provider (PCP).
- Connect members with appropriate AbsoluteCare resources if member does not wish to change PCP to AbsoluteCare.
- Follow up with members in effort to choose AbsoluteCare as new PCP if they select other AbsoluteCare services.
- Locate members via home visits.
- Connect members to needed community resources.
- Identify barriers to care, especially those that have, are currently, or may negatively impact engagement in care or healthcare goals.
- Gain insight into the reasons and manner by which members have managed their health in the context of their day-to-day lives, including any resources that members are connected with, and utilize to meet their needs.
- Instill and promote AbsoluteCare’s 5-star customer service philosophy in the medical center and in the community by promoting the AbsoluteCare Way.
- Report and enter daily outreach activities into CRM and electronic medical record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable personal vehicle.
- Proficient in PC skills, such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in documenting into electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of local community resources and local area.
- Previous experience in human services field, community outreach, and medical field preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Community Health Worker experience desirable.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours when needed.
Why Work at AbsoluteCare?
At AbsoluteCare, we serve the most vulnerable individuals in America. These are our neighbors, people who are at higher risk for disease or who have multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Often, they deal with an unequal healthcare system and wind up seeking basic care from emergency rooms. We take these patients out of those spaces and turn them into members: people who are entitled to some of the best, most focused care this country has to offer.
We call this “care beyond medicine.” We have turned the doctor’s office into a comprehensive care center. Here, we surround our members with a core care team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and medical assistants who have the time and skills to get to know our members’ needs. We make the most important services available to our members under one roof. This includes a pharmacy, X-rays, a blood lab, nutrition services, urgent care, and much more.
We don’t stop at our four walls. We engage members in the communities where we all live to find the people who need us most. Through these community care teams, we remove the barriers to healthcare that so many people face daily. And it works.
Our unique care is guided by our core values of accountability, caring, trust, and teamwork. We call it ACT2.
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.