Behavioral Health Care Manager
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
Monday-Friday, no weekends, no major holidays, hybrid work schedule with in office and work from home flexibility, 40 hours of CEU paid time off and CEUs paid
This Behavioral Health Care Manager is a core member of the integrated care team, providing integrated care management for members with primary BH needs. Members are assigned to the BHCM based on having behavioral health conditions as the primary driver of utilization.
The BHCM completes a comprehensive assessment and creates a person-centered care plan that identifies and prioritizes health care goals with the member. The BHCM supports members meeting their goals through clinical interventions including motivational interviewing, harm reduction strategies, coordinating services required to meet the member’s individual needs. The BHCM works closely with the interdisciplinary care team (ICT) to support comprehensive management and co-management of members, including supporting nurse care managers with members with primary medical conditions and underlying BH conditions and receiving support related to managing medical conditions. The BHCM may conduct member visits telephonically, in the community and/or office setting, based on the member’s needs.
- Serve as the primary care manager for members identified as having behavioral health conditions as the primary driver of health care utilization
- Provide holistic care management and person-centered care planning for members with chronic, complex needs
- Work within an interdisciplinary care team to appropriately coordinate care that addresses behavioral health conditions, medical conditions, and social determinants of health
Education and Experience:
- Masters prepared and licensed (e.g., LMSW, LCSW-C, LMHC, LPC) by the state in which practicing and abide by all laws, regulations, and requirements. Preferred clinical licensure, e.g., LCSW-C.
- 3+ years of experience in serving the needs of complex populations, including medically complex, trauma history, mental health conditions, substance abuse, and socioeconomic barriers in an office or community-based setting.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and electronic medical record documentation required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with members, families, community stakeholders, and interdisciplinary team required.
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent clinical judgement.
- Reliable Transportation and ability to work in office and in the community.
Why Work at AbsoluteCare?
At AbsoluteCare, we serve the most vulnerable individuals in America. These are our neighbors, people who are at higher risk for disease or who have multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Often, they deal with an unequal healthcare system and wind up seeking basic care from emergency rooms. We take these patients out of those spaces and turn them into members: people who are entitled to some of the best, most focused care this country has to offer.
We call this “care beyond medicine.” We have turned the doctor’s office into a comprehensive care center. Here, we surround our members with a core care team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and medical assistants who have the time and skills to get to know our members’ needs. We make the most important services available to our members under one roof. This includes a pharmacy, X-rays, a blood lab, nutrition services, urgent care, and much more.
We don’t stop at our four walls. We engage members in the communities where we all live to find the people who need us most. Through these community care teams, we remove the barriers to healthcare that so many people face daily. And it works.
Our unique care is guided by our core values of accountability, caring, trust, and teamwork. We call it ACT2.
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.