Physical Health Nurse Care Manager
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
Sign on Bonus: Up to $5000
Hybrid work, 2 days at Center, 3 days Remote/Community, Monday through Friday, 8-5 with hour lunch, no weekends, no on-call, with paid Holidays and paid CEU
The Physical Health Nurse Care Manager completes a comprehensive assessment and creates a person-centered care plan that identifies and prioritizes health care goals with the member. The PHCM supports members meeting their goals through clinical interventions including patient education with teach back, self-management coaching, motivational interviewing, harm reduction strategies, and trauma informed approaches. The PHCM coordinates the services with our internal providers, community resources, and specialists required to meet the member’s individual needs. The PHCM works closely with the ICT to support our approach to holistic care management. This entails providing nurse consultations and receiving support from interdisciplinary colleagues including behavioral health care managers, primary care physicians, psychiatrists, resource specialists, community health workers, and care team coordinators to holistically address all components of care. The PHCM meets members where they are with the flexibility to conduct member visits telephonically, in the home, community and/or office setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary care manager for members identified as having medical or functional health conditions as the primary driver of health care utilization
- Provide holistic care management and person-centered care planning for members with chronic, complex needs
- Work within an interdisciplinary care team to appropriately coordinate care that addresses behavioral health conditions, medical conditions, and social determinants of health
Education & Experience:
- Licensed registered by the state in which practicing and abide by all laws, regulations, and requirements. Preference given to qualified case managers with (ACM, CCM or CCTM).
- 3+ years of experience in serving the needs of complex populations, including medically complex, trauma history, mental health conditions, substance abuse, and socioeconomic barriers in an office or community-based setting. Preference given to qualified candidate with multiple settings experience (Inpatient, SNF and home health).
- Must be willing to travel to meet the member where they are and support their care including specialist offices, outpatient centers, dialysis centers.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and electronic medical record documentation required.
AbsoluteCare offers concierge health services using a risk-bearing, PCP-driven care model. We treat the most clinically complex and vulnerable members of the communities we serve, many of whom suffer from behavioral health, substance use, and SDoH challenges. We use population health management tools to employ a holistic approach to caring for the highest utilizers of healthcare services in our comprehensive care centers and in the community. AbsoluteCare tends exclusively to the needs of the top four to six percent of the population who persistently represent a disproportionate amount of unnecessary utilization and cost, regardless of whether they are engaged with other PCPs. In our more than 20 years of service, AbsoluteCare has focused on fulfilling the needs of this population. And we have consistently achieved unprecedented outcomes by addressing medical and psychosocial issues, in addition to the hardships of life that can exacerbate chronic health conditions and complicate access to care.
• Accountability – We have the integrity to do what we say we will do
• Caring – The needs of our team and members matter
• Trust – Our members can rely on us
• Teamwork – We act together as one inclusive group
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.