Nurse Care Manager
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Highlights (Bonus, shift, relocation, info for job):
Hybrid Schedule (2 days at center, 3 days remote)
Monday - Friday, 8am -5pm (1 hour lunch), No Weekends, On-call, or Major Holidays
Nurse Care Manager Job Summary:
Develop a plan of care for the patient, in conjunction with the providers and the team utilizing a broad range of skills and clinical expertise. Function as a key participant of the multi-disciplinary team working in collaboration other medical personnel. Enable patients to become healthier and lower unnecessary medical utilization. Follow patients through the whole care continuum including navigating different transitions of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides face-to-face and telephonic Case Management services to assigned members;
- Develops and implements an individualized plan of care for each member;
- Communicates and participates with the entire AbsoluteCare multi-disciplinary team;
- Coordinates with the member, family, and caregivers to help resolve barriers to care;
- Evaluates member/family strengths, health behaviors, and resources;
- Intervenes with at-risk members to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations;
- Collaborates with member and family to assure comprehension of available resources;
- Considers member/family physical, educational, and financial resources;
- Other duties as required, including but not limited to cross-coverage of other office functions.
Education & Experiences:
- Associate degree in Nursing or BSN
- Current RN license within the state of position
- 3+ years related experience in Case Management
- Experience with eClinicalWorks preferred
AbsoluteCare offers concierge health services using a risk-bearing, PCP-driven care model. We treat the most clinically complex and vulnerable members of the communities we serve, many of whom suffer from behavioral health, substance use, and SDoH challenges. We use population health management tools to employ a holistic approach to caring for the highest utilizers of healthcare services in our comprehensive care centers and in the community. AbsoluteCare tends exclusively to the needs of the top four to six percent of the population who persistently represent a disproportionate amount of unnecessary utilization and cost, regardless of whether they are engaged with other PCPs. In our more than 20 years of service, AbsoluteCare has focused on fulfilling the needs of this population. And we have consistently achieved unprecedented outcomes by addressing medical and psychosocial issues, in addition to the hardships of life that can exacerbate chronic health conditions and complicate access to care.
• Accountability – We have the integrity to do what we say we will do
• Caring – The needs of our team and members matter
• Trust – Our members can rely on us
• Teamwork – We act together as one inclusive group
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
EEO Employer Verbiage: AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.